Thursday, November 02, 2006

And so it begins...

OK, so this is not exactly a scientific study or recording of the Sunday league football team, but I have to admit, it just makes it easier to do this, to treat it as an observation of something that I've watched for over a year now. So why not turn it into something that's more of a study? Who knows I might just actually learn something.

I started watching this team play last September when a friend of mine asked me if I fancied joining him to a football match. He was playing (and still is) for a Sunday league team. I'd actually known someone before who had played for a similar team before, but he always refused to take me with him as it wasn't a place for a girl. So I thought, "why not?" and went to watch my first football game. I went into the whole thing knowing the bare minimum about the game, and alas, I have to admit, I don't think my knowledge has improved immensely. However, I find that since writing notes towards this blog, I've come up with so many questions. Whether or not they will all be answered, I don't know. Considering the fact that I'm not taking this all so seriously, I doubt I will have all my answers. But I am hoping that I'll learn a little more about the game and learn to be a little more analytical? More assertive with my observations much like I am with my other research?

Much like any good researcher, all the names of the team have been changed, hopefully they'll see the humour in the choice of names I've used. I also hope I don't make an ass of myself with any of the comments or notes I make about the game or the players!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home