Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Game: 19/11/2006

So, I've managed to leave posting this game for way too long. However, this game was not one I really wanted to remember for a number of reasons. First the pitch was double booked and so we all had to move to another one. Second, one of the players brought one of their kids who kind of distracted me from the game. Third, we lost the game (2-3) and hearing some of the comments that a couple of the subs were making, it wasn't a good game. In general, it was the kind of game I could forget easily.

We played somewhere near Archway, I'm still getting to know London myself, but when I told it was off Market Road, I didn't realise how 'off' it was. However, the pitch wasn't too bad, although the surrounding area was COVERED in dog doo (which goes to show why I'm not really a dog person). That may seem insignificant until a football is kicked into it and someone has to retrieve it, and stupidly enough the 'fan' goes out to get it... I can only say, thank goodness I wore gloves, at least I could throw them away afterwards. The turf this week was fake grass, and seemed to allow movement for the ball to be quite fluid and a little more natural. I heard at least one player commenting on how good the pitch was to play on.

The referee that we had originally booked could not cover our game as it was starting two hours later, however we managed to get one of the members of our team to be the referee. In all honesty, he tried his best to give our team a chance, and yet somehow we missed it.

This week Ryu was given two penalty shots, he managed to get one, but missed the other one, which was disappointing.

Although it's sad and terrible to say this, I didn't take notes for this game because of a number of things that had been going on during the weekend and the week to follow. Therefore this entry will have to remain incomplete with sparse details. In all honesty, my goldfish memory isn't helping me, but neither is the fact that halfway through the game I slowly became both disheartened and terribly distracted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home